Sunday, March 28, 2010

48 Questions for Miss Willow

Reprinted from Facebook, February 5th, 2009. Updates in brackets.

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? -My mother knew someone who had a child named Willow, but though the child behaved badly. She hoped she'd have better luck! My Chinese middle, Lau Sinn, reflects my English name, and means 'willowy angel" or 'spirit/angel of the willows'.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? -I cry on a regular basis, for joy, sadness, loss, relief and overwhelmed by beauty. 2 days ago, I was listing to Regina Spektor's "No Need to Say Goodbye" from the Prince Caspian/Naria series...I thought of the Lion, who's wisdom reminded me of my father..."Things rarely happen the same way twice, (Lucy)"...which is true, profound and sad.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? -Yes, but there's always room for improvement, People from Switzerland and Japan seem to have amazing penmanship. Quality of writing I think stems from the writing surface, time alotted and the writing instrument. I prefer the good old-fashioned ball point pen.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? -I'm a fan of Honey Roasted Ham and Smoked Ham. I'm Chinese. We like the pig.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? -4 legged sons, Dante, the Italian Greyhound, and Pompei, the Whippet (whip it good). I also have a Siamese Fighting Fish named Dhiagalev, and an unnamed snail who shares his bowl. (Sadly, my fish friends died.)

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?- Yes, simply because there's great conversation, passion, loyalty and sensitivity here...not to mention some wacky humor beneath the surface!

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?- In small quantities. Since the era of Seinfeld, the sarcrastic/sardonic rants and quips of 21st century society tend to get old. And, they diminish people in the long run. So, NO we can't! (hahahahahahaha- just joking there.

8.DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? -Hell no! The best decision ever was to yank those suckers out. Gave me grief and countless infections. My health hasn't been better!

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? -No. I love life too much and sometimes live Murphy's Law. Pass.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? -Currently- Frosted Mini Wheats, it's what's in bulk at Sam's Club (how pedestrian). I love Golden Grahams (addicting like crack, more like candy than cereal) and I remember Honey Bunches Of Oats being pretty good, but expensive. I also like the instant Quaker Oatmeal in Apples and Cinnamon- made thick, not watery and NO milk! Yum!

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? -I think I have only I pair of laced shoes- a pair of Pumas...and I think, no.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? -I have several: Ginger from Hagan Daaz, Phish Food from Ben and Jerry's, Foremost's San Francisco Mint, Baskin Robbin's 4 flavors- Gold Medal Ribbon, World Class Chocolate, Peppermint and Pumpkin. I also like lavender and rose sorbets...hmmm.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? -Their energy and then their eyes...

15. RED OR PINK? -Good grief- what kind of question is this? If I'm feeling Tango or Flamenco, Latin and strong or Chinese feel, I'd say red. If I'm in a Bollywood state of mind...pink!

16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? -Encroching insomnia induced by the internet! And, giving jerks 2nd chances...when none are deserved.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My poppa.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST? Yes, I'll probably learn some cool things about you :)

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? -A black mini skirt and barefoot

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? -the white noise hum of the neighbor's air con...

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? -Turquoise

23. FAVORITE SMELLS? -Chocolate, Sandalwood- all varieties Arabian. Indian and Mysore, Amber, Juniper, Frangipani, Ylang Ylang, Tangerine being peeled, Lilac, incense from the temple, French Lavendar, Kiawe Wood, miso soup, Gardenias, Sterling Roses (the lavendar ones), Geraninum leaves, Rosemary, Gasoline, Puakenikeni, pikake, before and during the rain, the smell of garden shops, my dog Dante's ear, Captain Black tobacco for pipe, Gudangs and clove cigarettes, new care smell, the salt on skin after a swim in the ocean, a loved one's scalp.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE-Mira Suvara

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? _A great photographer and interesting person...yes

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? _Old Skool Celtics basketball, ice skating, the Olympics.

27. HAIR COLOR? -Darkest Brown before black

28. EYE COLOR? -Brown with flects of green and amber in the right light

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? -Yes, very myopic girl.

30. FAVORITE FOOD? -Thai- yellow curry /Greek- chicken soulvaki and baklava /Hawaiian- kalua pig /Chinese- dim sum and won ton soup /Japanese- miso soup and gyoza/ Italian- ravilolis and gnocchi/Persian- biryani/ Indian- yellow curry and samosas, chaipattis/chocolate!!

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? -Brain benders and ephinanies

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?- Slumdog Millionaire (theater) Bowfinger (rental) OM SHANTI OM (songs and dances)

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? -Black top, khaki jacket.

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?- Fall!

35. HUGS OR KISSES? -XOXOXOXO depends who's giving!

37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? -Those with time on their hands

38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? -Those who can't be bothered

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? - The Story of Tango

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? -A Turkish style oriental rug

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? -Conan O Brien

42. FAVORITE SOUND(S).- music, laughter, dog's ear flaps, sounds of happiness, windchimes, my neighbor chanting

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?- BEATLES- of course!!!

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? -Around the world - Egypt, Syria, Greece...

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?-I'm really good at spatial organizing, like closets etc.. i enjoy interior design and love to clean house. A true domestic!!!

46 WHERE WERE U BORN?- Honolulu baby!

47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?- All!

48. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER? -This, is a private matter:) OK<>

No comments:

Post a Comment